Medical Terminology Training
Knowing medical language and basic structure and function of the human body is essential to working in the health care industry.
This introductory educational activity will help you communicate more effectively with doctors, nurses, or patients as you familiarize yourself with key terms commonly used. You’ll also learn more about common abnormalities, laboratory tests, procedures, medications, and abbreviations.
Complete this online course at your own pace and on your own time. The professor is available via email to check your progress, suggest additional study materials, and answer any questions you may have.
You will receive a certificate of completion after finishing the 20-25 hour course. Upon completion, you will be able to:
- recognize the relationship of cells, tissues, and organs
- name four main types of tissues
- recognize directly terms and plane of the body
- identify the body cavities
- identify the four abdominal quadrants and nine abdominopelvic divisions
- identify the major body systems
- analyze medical terms and use proven strategies to understand unfamiliar terms
Course Requirements and Application Process
The Medical Terminology Training is designed for students who may benefit from learning medical language and basic structure and function of the human body, including those with roles in information technology, public relations/marketing, medical scheduling and billing, and administrative and support staff. Anyone can register for this course.