Looking to advance your nursing career or complete your prerequisites before pursuing a nursing or health care degree? Earn the credits you need through UR School of Nursing’s online programs and courses.
Experience the same quality education using cutting-edge technology, all with the convenience of completing coursework online.
Why Choose Us for Your Online Education?
- Flexibility for busy professionals or distance learners who may balance work or family responsibilities. Online coursework is accessible from anywhere.
- Coursework is engaging and fits a variety of learning styles — video feedback, practice quizzes, audio, PowerPoint, readings, and more.
- Online learning experience will challenge and encourage you to achieve your goals. If you need help, your professor is there.
- Optimal student-to-faculty ratio allows for rich instruction from expert faculty and a lively learning environment with classmates and instructors.
Explore our online offerings
We offer three programs designed to meet the needs of students who live outside of the Rochester area:
- Family Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program – This program features a combination of completely online courses and hybrid courses with periodic short on-campus residencies. This innovative hybrid model provides flexible and supportive online experiences with rich, hands-on practice opportunities guided by our expert faculty.
- Care Manager Education program – This program features a series of online modules and is designed for nurses or other health professionals currently working in a care manager capacity, or aspiring to enter this growing field.
- RN First Assistant program – This program begins with a four-day, on-campus session featuring interactive presentations from surgeons and current RNFAs. Complete the remainder of the coursework online, then complete a 200-hour clinical practicum with a board-certified surgeon preceptor of your choice.
Local Hybrid Programs
We offer several programs designed to meet the needs of busy working professionals in the Rochester area who need the flexibility of working on their coursework on their own time. Many courses in the below programs are offered in a flexible hybrid format—which includes a blend of online coursework with occasional or weekly in-person class sessions (oftentimes offered in the late-afternoon to accommodate a full-time working schedule).
- RN to BS program – Complete your bachelor’s degree in as little as 16 months with this part-time nursing program.
- Clinical Nurse Leader program — This part-time program is 35 credits and can be completed in six semesters.
- Health Care Organization Management and Leadership program— This part-time graduate program is 30 credits and is designed for those who want to transition into or further develop leadership skills as an administrator, physician, nurse leader, or health care manager.
- Nursing Education program — This part-time master’s program is 35 credits and is designed for experienced working nurses who want to transition to a teaching role.
- DNP program — This part-time program prepares nurses at the highest level for advanced clinical practice.
Online Prerequisite Courses
- Online Prerequisite courses – We offer a series of flexible self-paced, undergraduate level courses designed to prepare students for a nursing or health care program. Prerequisites are available completely online in Fast Track format, so you can start when you want — even after the semester begins — and work through the material at your own pace.
- Arts and Sciences electives (necessary to complete RN to BS Program) – Electives are available in either completely online or Flex Track format, so you can work at your own pace to meet a series of deadlines. No in-class or online meeting times are required.
- Medical Terminology Training course
- Nurse Practitioner courses — Although most of our nurse practitioner programs are not offered at a distance, all of the core courses are offered in both complete online and traditional face-to-face formats.