Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship
The University of Rochester School of Nursing is offering 50 percent tuition support in scholarships for its RN to BS and Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner programs to meet the educational needs of health care employees in the Finger Lakes region, as well as a $60 discount for the online Care Management Education program.
Amid a rising demand for nurses nationwide, the greater Finger Lakes region is experiencing an acute need for health care providers. Infusing the region with graduates from these two programs will address specific community needs, directly fill gaps in care, and help patients to achieve better health outcomes.
Individuals who are working or living in one of 18 counties may be eligible. This includes the following counties:
How to Apply
To receive the Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Apply for one of the eligible programs through our online application system.
- Complete the SON Scholarship Form at the beginning of each semester after you register for courses. You must complete the form every semester to receive the scholarship.
Submit it by:
- Email: SON_Scholarships@urmc.rochester.edu
- Fax at (585) 276-2551
- If registered for the Care Management Education program, the discount will be applied upon registration.
For questions about the Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship, including eligibility, please contact the UR School of Nursing Scholarship Office at (585) 276-6079 or SON_Scholarships@urmc.rochester.edu.
Other common questions include:
I am an employee of the University of Rochester. Am I eligible for the Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship?
- If you are in a benefit eligible position that supports up to two courses per semester then you would not be eligible for the Finger Lakes Regional 50 percent scholarship.
- If you are in a benefit eligible position that permits for one course per semester then you are eligible for the Finger Lakes Regional 50 percent scholarship for a second course per semester.
- If you are not in a benefit eligible position, then you are eligible for the Finger Lakes Regional 50 percent scholarship for up to two courses per semester.
Visit the University of Rochester Tuition Benefits page to obtain pertinent information specific to your individual eligibility status for employee benefits; as well as the employee tuition waiver application that you will need to complete and return to the benefits office. See also the SON Tuition Grant for UR Employees.
Am I considered a UR Medicine, University of Rochester, SMH employee?
You can validate your employer status by referencing your wage and salary payroll statement-the upper left hand corner should read “University of Rochester.”
I’m going to apply to the RN to BS to MS program; can I receive the 50 percent scholarship?
The Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship is only applicable while in the undergraduate (RN-BS) portion of the program. However, if the graduate portion of the program is for the Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program (FPMHNP), then the scholarship would continue.
I am going to apply to the MS-DNP program; can I receive the 50 percent scholarship?
The Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship is only applicable if the graduate portion of the program is for the Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program (FPMHNP). However, once you begin the DNP portion of the program, the scholarship will not continue.
I don’t qualify for the Finger Lakes Regional Scholarship, what other options are available to me?
Please call (585) 276-6079 if you have questions about our scholarships or see other scholarship opportunities that you may be eligible to apply for.