Council for Diversity and Inclusiveness
The members of the Council for Diversity and Inclusiveness (CoDI) include faculty, staff, and students from across the School of Nursing. Through formal initiatives and informal dialogues, the CoDI guides the continuing efforts of the SON community to create the most welcoming learning and working environment that reflects and values increasing diversity of the faculty, staff, and students at the School of Nursing.
- Serves as a resource and support regarding issues of diversity and inclusiveness within the School of Nursing community.
- Facilitates understanding and informal discussions concerning diversity and inclusiveness.
- Provides learning opportunities that enhance awareness and strengthens motivation to promote cultural diversity and inclusiveness.
- Serves as a liaison between the School of Nursing and university diversity initiatives. At a minimum: Faculty diversity officers will participate in the Faculty Diversity Officer group. A member of CoDI will represent the SON in the University Diversity Committee.
- Advises and engages faculty and staff regarding recruitment and retention processes to promote a diverse workforce.
- Provides consultation to School of Nursing committees upon request.
Kathy Rideout, EdD, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, dean and professor of clinical nursing
- Karen Reifenstein, PhD, RN, assistant professor of clinical nursing
- LaRon Nelson, PhD, RN, FNP, assistant professor at the University of Rochester School of Nursing and the Dean’s Endowed Fellow in Health Disparities
- Jonathan Wetherbee, Information Analyst II, IT/CEW
- Phone: (585) 275-4816
- Email: Jonathan_Wetherbee@urmc.rochester.edu
Student Diversity Officer
- Kashawmma Wright
- Email: Kashawmma_Wright@urmc.rochester.edu