External Scholarships & Other Funding Opportunities
In addition to University of Rochester School of Nursing scholarships or grants, students may also explore opportunities on a local, state, or national level. When looking for outside scholarship opportunities, consider family employers, local foundations, clubs, and community agencies. We list several scholarship opportunities here:
- Senator Patricia K. McGee Nursing Faculty Scholarship Program
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Nurses Educational Funds, Inc.
- Military Educational Benefits
- Flywire Charitable Foundation
We also recommend searching for nursing/health care-related scholarships through these search engines:
- Johnson & Johnson Discover Nursing Scholarships Search Engine
- Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Nursing Loans and Scholarship Programs
- Minority Nurse Scholarships
- Nursing.org Scholarship Database
- NY State Higher Education Services Corporation
- Rochester Area Community Foundation
- Minority Students & Healthcare Education
Visit the University of Rochester Scholarship page for more outside scholarship recommendations.
Please note: If you receive an outside scholarship, you are required to notify the Financial Aid office. Outside scholarships reported to our office will appear as an anticipated credit on your student bill until October each academic year. At that time, any outside scholarship that has not been received by the University will no longer appear as a credit. Contact the Financial Aid office with questions or concerns.