Public Health Updates
University of Rochester School of Nursing guidelines and requirements to address COVID-19 and Monkeypox.
The University of Rochester School of Nursing is following all guidelines and requirements announced by the University of Rochester on the COVID-19 Resource Center, including the latest updates:
- Aug. 12, 2022: COVID-19 preparations and guidance for Fall 2022
- Aug. 9, 2022: University resources for Monkeypox
- June 7, 2022: University COVID-19 Tier System to determine face mask guidance
The following University resources contain the most current information on MPV:
- The University Health Service (UHS) website has a dedicated page with helpful links and answers to frequently asked questions. This resource is geared toward students, parents, faculty, and staff University-wide.
- Students, postdocs, and research faculty and staff should follow University guidelines as well as local guidance specific to their research and clinical efforts. Since clinical practice and medical settings often require specific standards, faculty, staff, and students at the Medical Center will find more information on URMC’s Intranet site (login credentials required).
- URMC has created a Monkeypox Informational Page for the community, found at the URMC Newsroom.
Vaccination & Booster Requirements
Guidelines for Visitors to Helen Wood Hall
Helen Wood Hall is open to visitors, including prospective students, who may schedule a visit during regular office hours, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Visitors may enter through the main entrance facing Crittenden Blvd.
Guidelines for Patient-Care Areas: Passport Health & Center for Employee Wellness
Patient-care areas at the Medical Center campus and its offsite locations will continue with current masking and physical distancing guidelines (VPN required) that require all individuals to mask when working or walking within the building.
The University of Rochester School of Nursing is not considered in the patient-care "blue" zone, however, the school's Passport Health and the Center for Employee Wellness, which are also located in Helen Wood Hall, are included as a patient-care zone.
See full details about what areas fall in the patient-care zones vs. general campus zones with the Medical Center Patient-Care Zone Guidelines (VPN Required).
Questions or Concerns?
The site is intended to serve a comprehensive resource for all members of the SON community. For more information, you may visit the University of Rochester COVID-19 Resource Center or the online portal URMC Redesigned (University network access required).
We have attempted to provide as much information related to SON protocols as possible. It will be revisited in the future as circumstances warrant, including if the health risks of COVID increase. If you have questions about the contents of this site or other feedback about items to be included on these pages, please email us at: SON-COVID@urmc.rochester.edu.
If you have questions or concerns about something you have observed or are experiencing related to COVID-19, or any other issue that presents a risk to individual or communal health, please visit the University’s Community Concern page. SON COVID-related violations will result in administrative review in line with the SON’s Policy on Academic and Professional Integrity. Accordingly, allegations of misconduct will be referred to the Committee on Academic and Professional Integrity.