2013-2020 Strategic Plan
Mission: Building on a pioneering tradition of unifying education, research, and practice, the UR School of Nursing pursues excellence in clinical and scientific learning, discovery, and health care within an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Vision: Lead the national agenda in transforming the discipline of nursing through innovative education, practice, and research to improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
By 2020, the UR School of Nursing strives to:
Goal 1: Generate innovative approaches to educate the next generation of diverse professionals to advance health care, practice, and scholarship by:
- leading the development and enhancement of educational opportunities that effectively respond to national needs for health care expertise;
- leading the development of innovative programs to enhance faculty and staff expertise in teaching and learning;
- developing best practices in the use of technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
Goal 2: Foster synergistic collaborations in education, scholarship, and practice by:
- building collaborations necessary to achieve critical intra- and interprofessional partnerships;
- developing partnerships to provide innovative multidisciplinary services and product lines which address community need and expand nursing opportunities.
Goal 3: Build nationally recognized programs of innovative research by:
- strengthening the pipeline for tenure-track faculty;
- recruiting, retaining, and planning for succession of diverse tenure-track faculty in areas of excellence;
- increasing aggregate faculty research productivity.
Goal 4: Strengthen positioning of School of Nursing faculty and students as leaders in field by:
- enhancing visibility and health policy influence of School of Nursing faculty and students.