Sigma Theta Tau Epsilon Xi
Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing, is dedicated to improving the health of people worldwide through increasing the scientific base of nursing practice.
The Epsilon Xi Chapter was founded at the University of Rochester School of Nursing in 1979.
Our chapter is committed to supporting nursing scholarships through grants, co-sponsorship of conferences and other activities.
For questions about membership, contact Maria Catalano at Maria_Catalano@urmc.rochester.edu.
Baccalaureate or equivalent students must:
- Complete at least one-half of the nursing curriculum
- Hold at least a 3.5 GPA
Graduate students must:
- Hold at least a 3.5 GPA out of 4.0, or equivalent, after completing one-fourth of graduate curriculum
Nurse Leaders must:
- Be practicing as a clinician, educator, researcher, entrepreneur, staff leader or administrator, or in another nursing-related role
- Have a baccalaureate degree or equivalent in any field
- Have demonstrated a passion for nursing excellence
We offer several opportunities for awards in the fall and spring for Sigma Theta Tau Epsilon Xi members. Visit our awards page for details on awards and how to apply.