Council for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The members of the Council for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CoDEI) include faculty, staff, and students from across the School of Nursing. Through formal initiatives and informal dialogues, the CoDEI guides the continuing efforts of the SON community to create the most welcoming learning and working environment that reflects and values increasing diversity of the faculty, staff, and students at the School of Nursing.
- Serves as a resource and support regarding issues of diversity, equity and inclusiveness within the School of Nursing community.
- Facilitates understanding and informal discussions concerning diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Provides learning opportunities that enhance awareness and strengthens motivation to promote cultural diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Serves as a liaison between the School of Nursing and university diversity initiatives. At a minimum: Faculty diversity officers will participate in the Faculty Diversity Officer group. A member of CoDEI will represent the SON in the University Diversity Committee.
- Advises and engages faculty and staff regarding recruitment and retention processes to promote a diverse workforce.
- Provides consultation to School of Nursing committees upon request.
- Kathy Rideout, EdD, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, dean and professor of clinical nursing
- Mitchell Wharton, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, CNS, faculty diversity officer for CODEI, assistant professor of clinical nursing
- Jonathan Wetherbee, staff diversity officer for CODEI, analyst /programmer for IT/CEW
- Phone: (585) 275-4816
- Email: Jonathan_Wetherbee@urmc.rochester.edu
- Stephanie Murphy, RN, MS, student diversity officer for CODEI