Council for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The members of the Council for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CoDEI) include faculty, staff, and students from across the School of Nursing. The CoDEI guides the continuing efforts of the School of Nursing community to promote and build a school-wide diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
- Serves as a resource and support regarding issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the School of Nursing community.
- Facilitates understanding and informal discussions concerning diversity and inclusiveness.
- Provides learning opportunities that enhance awareness and strengthen motivation to promote cultural diversity and inclusiveness.
- Serves as a liaison between the SON and university diversity initiatives. At a minimum: Faculty Diversity Officers and Staff Diversity Officers will participate in the University Diversity Officers’ initiatives.
- Advises and engages faculty and staff regarding recruitment and retention processes to promote a diverse workforce.
- Provides consultation to SON committees upon request.
- Kathy Rideout, EdD, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, dean emerita and professor of clinical nursing
- Mitchell Wharton, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, CNS, associate dean for equity and inclusion, assistant professor of clinical nursing
- Kristin Hocker, EdD, faculty diversity officer, deputy title IX coordinator, assistant professor of clinical nursing
- Maria Quiñones-Cordero, PhD, faculty diversity officer, associate director of center activities, Elaine C. Hubbard Center for Nursing, assistant professor of clinical nursing
- Peter Bertoldo, MBA, staff diversity officer, education business analyst
- Phone: (585) 273-2055
- Email: Peter_Bertoldo@urmc.rochester.edu
- Jonathan Wetherbee, staff diversity officer, analyst /programmer for IT/CEW
- Phone: (585) 275-4816
- Email: Jonathan_Wetherbee@urmc.rochester.edu