School of Nursing Resources
Here are some resources the School provides to promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at the School of Nursing:
- CAPS (Center for Academic Professional Success) assists School of Nursing students to develop the learning strategies, improved study habits, critical thinking skills and career management skill required for successful academic performance and professional advancement. Find out more at the CAPS main page.
- LIFT (Leading with Integrity For Tomorrow) is a student-led initiative designed to provide a platform for School of Nursing students to enhance their learning in the areas of diversity, leadership, and advocacy. More information is available at the LIFT main page.
- Rochester Black Nurses Association is a chapter within the National Black Nurses Association whose mission is to "represent and provide a forum for Black Nurses to advocate and implement strategies to ensure access to the highest quality of health care for persons of color." The UR School of Nursing sponsors the RBNA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, visit the RBNA website or like them on Facebook.
- Mary Dombeck Diversity Library hosts a small, but growing collection of works surrounding issues of global cultures, social change and health care disparities. To request a volume, or for more information, visit Helen Wood Hall 3w312 or send an email to email@example.com with name of the book and your interoffice box number. Click here for a full listing of materials available in the library.
- Disability Services & Support Each school has a designated access coordinator who requests and maintains disability-related documents, certifies eligibility for services, and determines and develops plans for reasonable academic accommodations. Visit the Disability Services & Support webpage.
University of Rochester Medical Center:
University of Rochester
- University of Rochester Vision & Values
- Sexual Misconduct & Title IX
- University Intercessor
- University Resource Groups
- Commission on Gender Equity in Academia
- Students' Association for Interfaith Cooperation
- Culture of Respect at the University of Rochester