Leading with Integrity For Tomorrow (LIFT)
LIFT is a student-led initiative within the University of Rochester School of Nursing designed to provide opportunities for students to engage in learning and discussions related to leadership, advocacy, and diversity. The goal?
- increase the number of graduates with a skill set that fosters sensitivity to underrepresented populations
- increase the number of graduates who have garnered skills necessary for leadership roles in the workplace
- teach students how to effectively advocate for themselves and ultimately, their patients
- promote an environment of inclusion at the School of Nursing
LIFT is guided by the “each one, teach one” philosophy. LIFT aims to facilitate an avenue for interested students from all programs within the School of Nursing to network with each other and learn from one another.
In addition, it gives students an opportunity to provide emotional support to one another through listening, sharing experiences, and providing insight to navigate pathways in the field of nursing, and other health professions. Through innovative and interactive workshops/seminars, students will be given the opportunity to learn how to effectively advocate and empower themselves. LIFT aims to facilitate an avenue for interested students from all programs within the School of Nursing to network with each other and learn from one another.
Mission: It is the mission of this group to build on the professional development, advocacy skills, and leadership qualities of students in all programs within the School of Nursing. Each session is one of development to assist students with their skill set components.
- Support all University of Rochester School of Nursing students in acquiring leadership skills.
- Guide University of Rochester School of Nursing students in the development of effective advocacy and leadership skills.
- Uplift fellow students by facilitating an avenue for student networking.
- Support the University of Rochester School of Nursing’s environment of inclusion.
- Expand student’s sensitivity to underrepresented populations through additional diversity education. (Offer peer sponsored workshops on diversity.)
Interested in learning more about LIFT? Contact one of our student co-chairs or faculty advisors:
- Amelia Scofield: email@example.com
- Kelly Perez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mackenzie Frye: Mackenzie_frye@urmc.rochester.edu