Education Innovation Team
The Education Innovation Team supports faculty in their pursuit of excellence in education to promote the success of all students.
Our team features pedagogical experts and instructional designers who are dedicated to ensuring that our school implements best-practices in teaching and learning guided by educational research and continuous quality improvement. Members of the team have expertise in curriculum design, course development, experiential learning, and the effective use of educational technology.
We support faculty and instructors at the School of Nursing by providing:
- Individual and group consultations to design and revise courses
- Professional development opportunities in effective teaching and learning topics
- Alignment between program learning outcomes, teaching methods, and assessments
- Coordination to ensure online and hybrid courses meet QM standards of best practice
- Experiential learning programs to ensure implementation of best-practices in simulation and clinical learning
- Collaboration with IT team to select, implement, and support educational technologies aligned with curricular goals and the SON mission and vision
- Resources for online and mobile learning
We currently support and coordinate a range of instructional design and assessment initiatives:
- designing online and hybrid courses
- implementing experiential learning strategies in the classroom
- mobile-learning initiative
- ExamSoft computer based testing
- implementation of AEFIS as an assessment management platform
- multi-media development
- Blackboard design
We encourage you to reach out to us for guidance on how we can best support our students’ success.